I know some of you readers had been reading the same issue that I'm gonna rant again today. I noticed most of my readers never played paintball before, thus sometimes makes me feel like I rant on my own, for no one would understand why I put this issue a priority, something that must be taken note seriously.
For some people out there, safety briefing before a paintball game is "boring, a waste of time, unnecessary, not important" or "I heard of this already, so no need to talk again." even "Rules are boring, cannot do this and that and then if you break it, you get scolded...nothing happen mah..." kind of attitude.
It wasn't anything new when sometimes I do heard some people that played in my field referred me as 'the strict lady', 'the joy killer', 'the person who yells people in the field'. Well, now...after a long time of brushing off these nick names given to me, perhaps it's time for me to speak up.
What have you done that turn me into these nicknames that you given to me?
Do I yelled at you for no reason?
Do I scolded you when you happily playing all of the sudden?
Now, weren't you reminded again and again to put your mask on at all times? Why?
Weren't you take it seriously when you were told that shooting is only allowed INSIDE the field, not OUTSIDE?
True, there are some cases where in some closed tournaments, some students went home frustrated because their team loses due to frequent forfeiture of their rounds. There are time where I resulted to stop the whole paintball game because some idiot pretended to put the marker back to the marker rack, instead sneaking behind, took the barrel socks and shoots around with joyful smile on his face. We aren't smiling that time. It totally wiped my smile off from my face.
Me, being a 'joy killer'?
Tell me how much joy you can get when you or any of your friends lost an eye or both eyes due to your own ignorance, your ego for not listening to other people's advice. You might say "It's my eyes, anything happen it doesn't concern any of you but myself!"
Let me tell this straight - heard the Malay quote "Seekor kerbau membawa lumpur, habis semua terpalit."? We wouldn't want the whole paintball industry in the country ruined just because of one noob that ignores the rules and regulations. I can say, all paintball operator would be glad to get rid of one person from the field rather than had the sport extinct in this country. We had thousands of paintball players who love this sport. Banning the likeness of you from stepping into our paintball fields is a good riddance. You read me.
There are reason why you should put your mask on the moment you step inside the paintball field; Why barrel socks must be put on at all times, especially when you are outside the field. There are reasons why these 2 basic rules are strictly must be followed.
Some rules are not meant to be broken. When it comes into safety in paintball, or anything that concerns about yourself and everyone around you, follow the rules and you will be just fine.
Peace to all.











3 comments:
idenwn"so what if injured, my body maa... & we won't sue u..."
- well, maybe u won't but no guarantee abt others... ur mom, ur dad, or someone who just hate paintball just bcoz they cannot play... a minor issue will be blown out of proportion by these 'misguided' beings... next thing u know, paintball is banned... :-/
so think of the bigger picture...!iti
hear hear to the badman~ =)
true, am not a paintball player thus dont understand much about the game.
But i agree rules and regulations are very important in every games.
Since I saw your bruises, i think better for people to follow the rules.
Post a Comment