Went to one of our favorite restaurant for dinner as a small celebration for my brother's 1 year wedding anniversary. Gold Leaf Restaurant, located in front of the G-Mart hypermarket and next to the Inanam wet market, this shop is situated just right at the corner where you can spot easily. (Ops, forgot to take photo of the signboard =p)
My brother Aaron, SIL Tracy, younger brother zach along with Tracy's parents and sister, Gracy had arrived earlier. As usual, because of the people in this house always had this habit of not able to be on time (I don't know why), we (me with my aunty Meg, my sister Kirstin and her boyfriend) arrived 30 minutes late. =.=
Thankfully, I already messaged Zach earlier and told him to tell the others to order without waiting for us. So, by the time when we arrived, the food is already served:

Yam pork. Tasted so-so. Gravy is not that thick, dark and sweet enough like Ah Kong's (my sister's boyfriend) mom used to make.

Steamed talapia fish with Nyonya style sauce. This is good.

Payau (deer) meat with soy sauce. I would prefer if it was cooked with black pepper.

Butter prawn. The best I had after all the places I've been. Generous with the floss on top, instead of having dry or oily prawns like most restaurants do, it is really covered with butter that you can see the butter sauce at the bottom of the plate.

The boss said this is called '3 star' vegetable dish...consist of eggplant, long beans and ladies' fingers cooked with dried shrimp. Not bad. Had a faint belacan (shrimp paste) smell and little spice.
The bill? RM180 for 10 people including rice and chinese tea. Not bad. Will still coming back here again anytime. ^_^V











7 comments:
miss eating yam pork. yummy drooling..
the Yam Pork looks weird coz normall we have it with a lot of gravy.
Love the look of the prawns. I will cekup those crunchy butter and awllop :D
goldflower: =)
smallkucing: yeah..a little bit disappointed coz the yam pork lack of gravy uhuhuhu....but the prawns is the winner of the house! =)
5 dishes 180rm? wow.. quite costly.. maybe restaurant price... but with prawns, reasonable.. i guess.. i like the yam pork... my favourite!
the pork, fish and prawns that's quite costly there....
Mouth watering pics, I really love Butter Prawns; especially the floss!
the butter prawn here is highly recommended! =)
Post a Comment