Yesterday afternoon, my brother is admitted to the hospital again after experiencing pain in his abdomen while during some work in our paintball field. I wasn't there at that time, because I was at the other side of the sports complex, where the Sabah Youth Cup Paintball Tournament has been held since Saturday.
As I am typing this, I am at the male ward in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, attending for my brother while waiting for his missus to come back from work. Lots of people everywhere, patients, nurses, doctors, cleaners...visitors (including me), minding their own business. Saw lots of trainee nurses from Aseana Nursing College doing the normal task like giving medication on time, changing drip as such...young doctors, supposed to be still in training attending the sick, which sometimes I saw, talking and discussing while attending certain patient on the symptoms, cure method, what medicine to prescribe, etc. I joked to Aaron that he is one of the 'guinea pigs' by these trainees. Owh well, seeing the nurses all pretty young ladies, he is a happy guy! =p
Some patients were companied by family members, other had a hired 'attendant' by the indviduals who charge quite a sum for each patient and they would take care of the sick to their needs - feed, bath or change dressing around the clock (last time I learnt, it was like, RM50 per day - that some lady would took care 2 - 3 patients at one time).
Some patients are attended by no one, only hope for the occasional visit by concerned friends and relatives - while there are some are completely alone, at the mercy of the nurses or ward attendants who just passing by and saw them needed anything - or during meal time. I felt sorry also that sometimes, when I walked passed the aisles, the lonely patient would just look at the door hopefully, someone would drop by to visit; or look at the neighboring patient visited by people, yet there are none for them. *sad*
My brother is now being wheeled off from his bed and most likely to be transfered afterwards. Hopefully he won't stay long here and go home soon....
Eclipse Teams dominate NXL World Cup 🏆
9 months ago











5 comments:
Hope your bro will be able to be discharge soon .
Alalah.. Kesian dia. Get well soon to your bro!
hope so...thank u for the concern...
when we are sick, we look forward to seeing a familiar face for consolation.. sigh..
hope your brother will recover soon!
Hope ur brother will get well soon Angel. Take Care
Post a Comment