My Daily Tweets

Followers

"Move on, he is in a better place now." Those are some of the words that given to me on that day.  13/08/2001. I knew it was words of comfort, to rest assured that my dad, who had been fighting with brain cancer finally lost the battle...and God decided enough is enough.  He took away the pain, and He took him away too.  

Today, me and my family moved on with our lives.  But my dad's memory still lingers in my mind.  I remember him as the hands on guy who can fix everything - from broken toys to the kitchen sink.  A good cook, a good singer and guitar player too.  I love to hear stories of him when he went to his hunting trips.  I promised to myself that someday when I grow up, if I ever go outside for trips wherever I went...even to as near as Ranau, I will share with him what I see, feel and think about the place like he did.  That day never came.

When I shoot for my first paintball game years back...when I went for the paintball referee course...when I attended paintball tournaments...when I went for trips by air or by road...and when I return from all these...I do hope I can burst inside the house and said, "Papa! You won't believe what a day/journey it has been!" and show the photos or my bruises (LOL).  Or maybe, he might have a blog of his own, or Facebook where I can tag him lots and lots of photos...

Yes, our lives had moved on.  I had moved on...but my memories of him still lingers.  All I can do now is sometimes, look outside the window of a plane, car, bus, taxi...and look at the sky...whispering, "Papa, I am going for another trip today.  Let's see what this journey will bring..." or in a paintball field, "Papa, wish me luck..." His body is no longer here, but I do believe he is watching over me, somewhere...

If you never lost a close family member, or they didn't mean anything to you...you will never felt their absence and you will never understand how I feel this way.  Am I still grieving, yes.  That's the thing that time alone can't heal.  



I miss you, papa.  May your soul rest in peace.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

..............

Joanne Juend said...

sorry to hear the news. Be strong..

My prayer to you..

Small Kucing said...

stay strong.

lydia1212 said...

Deep Condolence to u and the rest of ur family. be strong, babe!

Cynthia said...

Deepest Condolences to you and your family.. you stay strong, as there be those who are living needs the support.. take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org