She checked into Hotel Capitol, and as usual, I tumpang-ed her la... =p hehehehehe...after a nice hot shower, we went down and decided to do a little exploring by foot instead of driving, something we haven't done for so long.
Can you spot me? =p
We are walking passed the KK wet market, which is very busy during the day...
First stop...fried carrot cake underneath the Segama pedestrian bridge. This uncle has been here for as long as I remember.
Place your order and he'll cook it for you, so you always have it nice and hot. =)
Carrot cake, chives, bean sprouts and egg...simple, yet very tasty! =)
After that 'starter'...(3 of us - me, Leanna & her boyfriend Pjal shared one plate ok...so it's consider as starter! =p) We walked passed the bridge and saw there's a place seems to be a food joint (I just noticed this..LOL). Out of curiosity, we went to investigate...
Stalls offering these...fresh seafood (but the vegetable didn't look like it though, LOL). But seriously, there are so many people, tourists and locals alike in every stalls. We can't make our decision...
...and we still trying to decide which one...(photo taken by Pjal)
..we saw this guy seems like cooking squid non-stop, and we stopped in our tracks.
Ok! This stall it is then! ^_^V
Honey squid (sotong masak madu) - RM12
Grilled fish (forgot what's the name of the fish) - RM15
Fresh fish + nice sambal = heavenly!
Leanna and I craving for some fresh clams.
We ordered this from another stall. Clams soup with ginger. RM5.
Very nice!
Greedy AngeLBeaR saw this in another stall while hunting for cockles.
It's called 'kanilau' in Filipino, almost similar to the KadazanDusun's 'Hinava',
fish pickled in lime juice. You'll love this as your appetizer! I got this much for RM2.
So...all and all for the feast above with rice, drinks - RM36 for 3 people. After meal, I suggested to K-box in Centre Point, plus can walk to burn some fat that we just had mah...hehehehe....while walking towards Centre Point, we saw this woman:
She's selling a type of sweet cakes called 'penjaram/pinjaram'.
Not an easy task though, and it's kind of rare to see someone preparing it hot nowadays...
I am tempted to get some, but then again...I don't feel like it..so I didn't ask how much is it.
Perhaps someday then...the penjaram came in 2 colors - green (pandan) and the brown (should be the original one lah). Made of flour and sugar...not sure if had other ingredients in it.
We went to K-Box, spent 2 hours singing away...and then it's time to go back. Was raining heavily when we left Centre Point, so we had to get a taxi to go back to our hotel. Not sure what time I dozed off, but what most importantly, sometimes spending time with good friends, good food and being happy even when you are tired and still need to wake up early the next day for another tiring day, it doesn't matter at all. =)
Note: Photos posted above is credited to Leanna Chong.























3 comments:
eeee.....you so evil....i want the ikan bakar la........
Pinjaram are the best, I love a good soft pinjaram with crunchy crust. :)
*FAINTED* apasal tiba tiba here got sotong wan? WHY? WHY? WHYYYYY? All these while I ingat only Kat will torture me. SOBS... horror betul!
Post a Comment