There is an old Chinese tale about a woman whose only son died. In her grief, she went to the holy man and asked, "What prayers, what magical incantations do you have to bring my son back to life?"
Instead of sending her away or reasoning with her, he said to her, "Fetch me a mustard seed from a home that has never known sorrow. We will use it to drive the sorrow out of your life." The woman went off at once in search of that magical mustard seed.
She came first to a splendid mansion, knocked at the door, and said, "I am looking for a home that has never known sorrow. Is this such a place? It is very important to me." They told her, "You've certainly come to the wrong place," and began to describe all the tragic things that recently had befallen them.
The woman said to herself, "Who is better able to help these poor, unfortunate people than I, who have had misfortune of my my own?" She stayed to comfort them, then went on in search of a home that had never known sorrow. But wherever she turned, in hotels and in other places, she found one tale after another of sadness and misfortune.
The woman became so involved in helping others cope with their sorrows that she eventually let go of her own. She would later come to understand that it was the quest to find the magical mustard seed that drove away her suffering.
To understand and to let go of our own suffering is to learn and comfort each other.
Have a nice day!
Eclipse Teams dominate NXL World Cup 🏆
9 months ago












4 comments:
have a nice day to you too,Angel Bear :D
I like this entry very much. Yea....mungkin kita sangka kitalah yang paling merana di dunia ini..tapi ada juga yang lebih teruk dari kita.
Bah..begitulah adanya...
Nice post..and inspiring too.. I understand the grieve lost of the mother.. I hope I can overcomeit too
Hi Angel, that is beautiful. Love this posting. First time reading about it.
Must remember to tell it when next I have an experience of someone seeking solace.
Have a great week, Lee.
Post a Comment