"Sotong merah" (Red Squid)...it supposed to be dried squid been grilled for a while before pound a bit then somehow put something in it and turn into red (yours truly tau makan only)...love it since I was little. Good for facial exercise if you don't mind chewing it for a long time before swallowing it because it will be tough as rubber! =p You can have it plain, of ask the seller sprinkle some peanut crumbs and the sourish chili sauce mix with it.
My another favorite. Pickled young mangoes. The seller usually have few varieties of it - sliced, halved, with or without skin, pickled or fresh, sweet or spicy, long or rounded ones, take your pick. They usually will ask what would you want to have with it - with chili, plum powder ("a-moi" bah...), salt, soy sauce, belacan sauce...I like mine plain..sometimes with the "a-moi" (bukan 'amoi' ah...). Tried to DIY at home but it didn't turn out the same...I wonder what is the secret...
Hrm...I think someday I'll make a post about this place to give you all a better picture. =p Till then, let me enjoy my 'sometimes' food first! ^_^V













5 comments:
Hi... Come to my blog to get your award... "A Beautiful Blogger Award"... Yeahhh...
Menyesal saya baca, terliur suda saya...hahaha
Balik kerja mesti p cari...tapun2
i know how to make the pickle mango. Put some asam boi and a chinese herbs call "Kam Choh" Very nice
nice!! btw, Smallkucing recommended your blog to me as she told me you're a paintball enthusiast! I have played the game twice only and just blogged it. hahaha. You really a pro!
Ayaa. Ada lah yang end up makan2 mangga sana Tg. Aru this evening.. Hahaha..
Post a Comment