(Continued from Part 1)
The uncaged dogs are friendly and playful. Only those who are sick, with puppies, new comers and those still adjusting to their environment will be put into cages until they started to adapt or get well.
From time to time, you'll be hearing the volunteers had to stop what they are doing for a while, calling the dogs like you would to little kids. Occasional fights, dogs will be dogs anyway, but they immediately stopped when any of the member scolded them. The only time where the place is quiet is after their meal, where they would just go to their favorite places to sleep.
Tracy's dad with Fluffy. Fluffy is very friendly and easy to get along with. =) I was told that when Fluffy first came to the shelter, she barely has fur around her body. Look at her now ^_^V
This is Fluffy's best friend, Snowy. Snowy has a defect on her front paw. Most likely during birth. Nonetheless, she didn't let it to stop her from running and playing like other dogs did. If a dog can live with the disability of her body, why can't we?
BFF. Sleep and play together. If you wish to adopt, I do strongly recommend that you'll be willing to take both. Separation seems to be unbearable. What will happen if only one of them taken and another left behind?
Dez. He was found with a tail that is severed (not known cause though), so to prevent the infections getting worst, the whole tail has to be cut off. One happy dog and loves to run around.
Jasmine. A Caucasian found her and gave her that name. She was of a some kind of breed (forgot what it is). Very quiet and gentle. She spent most of her time sitting next to me and enjoyed having someone pat her head.
Matilda & her puppies.
This is Benjy....
...and Benjy's puppies....I hope someone kind enough to give them a home someday....
Sawit. Something wrong with its back leg...could be broken I guess.
This is Nenek. She has cancer and now in constant care and medication. Personally, I don't believe in putting animals to sleep as a simple solution to 'end the misery'. I am sure Nenek has the right to live to her fullest before she passed on. Imagine if you are sick and your family gave up to take care of you and said you should be put to sleep to 'end your misery'. Would you like that?
Bush has just moved into the shelter not so long ago. He lost an eye, probably being hit by somebody. Even his jaw seemed to be a little dislocated, you will only notice it when he opens his mouth to grab a cracker. Mood changes suddenly, and he will suddenly went into rage if he saw someone holding a stick or pole - could be traumatized by someone who used to abuse him with a stick or any similar object. If it wasn't for his now unpredictable nature, Bush can be a very good guard dog, and a loyal companion. My heart aches when I tried to imagine what he had went though, wailing for pain and asking for mercy when the culprit beat him mercilessly until this poor dog lost his eye. I am thankful that Bush found a home here, and hope that someday, he'll learn to trust humans again.
These are just part of the dogs stories and the ones I managed to capture their photos, not even half of them! I deeply respect those who dedicate their time to come over and feed the dogs, those who in the rescue operations, risking their lives to save these helpless animals.
If you wish to know the location, or send your donations of any kind (cash, food, medication, vitamins or even your old newspapers are needed!) you may contact the SPCA (KK) via their website at
One of the volunteers quote me this, "There is no such thing as bad dogs. They only need a second chance." and I would say, if you can't help all, then help just one. Speak for the voiceless.





















14 comments:
where is this place ah? sa masih tidak tau oh...do they have cats or kitten for adopt?... :)
kesian Nenek.
Oh I never knw ada Dog shelter di sana...
omg..the dogs.. they are sooo fortunate the SPCA found them kn...
Angelbear.. can i share ur entry (this one) in the facebook? this is very good with great pictures.
mana tau ada yg mau adopt lepas tu.. kn..
and allow me to share this in fb fan page a..bulih kh.. bulih kh..
just want to share the link to ur blog post here..
Amy: somewhere di putatan (limpas tan sau)
Small kucing: yeah... =(
Cath: baru saja ni sa rasa...my SIL bilang mula2 ada tanah sana sepanggar...tapi tau2 la ada urang ni suka cari pasal mo halang benda2 gini...
nc: feel free to do so. =)
A big thanks to Angelbear for this very touching post. Hehe. I like talking to animals, feel sad for them and I would even cry for them! To be honest, I like animals more than people. :P
Eh, if I'm to visit this shelter, i have to give them a call first ka? Do they have shelter for cats as well?
Usually when I buy litter sand for my Dio, i receive a free packet of dry food but Dio doesn't like it so I would give it to stray cats at my sister's cafe. Maybe I can give it to the shelter instead. :)
yayyy,,.. thnks :)
Nina: just doing a small part only...hehehe....anyway, yeah its better to call before visiting the shelter (via the links given) or you can contact my SIL (she is actually the Secretary for SPCA) at 0168459903 (Tracy) her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tracy.alexcius . As for cats, some members are taking it in for themselves at their own homes (no proper shelter for cats yet), was told some member holds about 30 cats at one time!
You may give it to my SIL and she will distributed it to whomever is concerned.
dog shelter..waa bgs juga ada mcm ni.. so cute the puppies
stella: kiut kan....hopefully someone will adopt them...
Hi Angel, sad to see these animals in this stage....I guess some people when buying them got tired or no time, let them loose.
Poor things.
It is good you highlight this animal's plight. Hopefully some kind souls will give them the love and care they looking for.
There is a saying, 'if you want a friend, get a dog'.
Have a nice day.
Lee.
Good post, Angel! Great photos too. Make me want to keep a dog... but where got space to run? A dog I had (years ago) was hit by a passing car. Another one died of an illness. One ran away to live with his girlfriend several houses away!
You're doing good work here, bringing ppl's attention to the misfortune suffered by animals.
Dear Lee & Aunty Tina,
Just doing what I could for the poor animals. many people speak for the abused women, children...as such but not many remembered that animals have feelings too, and wanted to be heard. All they need is just a little bit of love and care. Wish that there will be kind hearted people out there will come and take some of them home.
Hi Angel, glad to learn Elijah has received my greetings.
I'd forgotten about it.
Give him my best wishes.
Lee.
Post a Comment