My Daily Tweets

Followers

Again, a belated post.

I was in KL again last week for the International Super Seven Championship held in Putrajaya.  After the tournament weekend, SmallKucing invited me to join her and Cleffairy for dinner on 31/05/2011 in Wadi Al-Nile Restaurant at Platinum Walk, Setapak.  I'm having Arab food, for the first time.  



Well, who else but my trusted driver to bring me there?  Anyway, Badman seemed haven't updated his radar so we actually stuck in traffic jams somewhere in between, took the long route towards Setapak, got a 'little' lost (we missed the junction and went further up somewhere) and was late to our 8pm dinner date.  

Here's what we had: (Photo credit to SmallKucing)


Mint Tea (RM6 per small pot).  
I wonder if the hot water can be refilled like some restaurant do.


This is 'hummus' (RM6), a mixture of chick pea with tahina sauce.  Love the texture of it.  


Mulawah bread (RM4).  See SmallKucing up there?  I bet he also blur looking at the size! =p


Kabsah Chicken (Quarter size) - RM10.  Badman picked this too.  


SmallKucing's Mamarazi choose the Grill Chicken (Half) - RM15.  
Check out that portion!!!!

  
Well, luckily she warned me about the portion so I pick Lamb Kabsah (Quarter) for RM15.
Still, it came with generous heap of rice and nice chucks of lamb.  Love this one very much, because the lamb is well marinated, tender and it didn't smell.  


All the rice dish came with this soup and chilli.  The broth of the soup tasted like been made with tomato puree mix with some other spices in it; it's somewhat sourish but goes well with the rice.  The chili is nice too.

  
...and washed it all down with mango-flavored fizzy drink, called Fayrouz.  
Can't remember the price.  Should be around RM4-RM5.  It has other flavors like raspberry, pineapple and apple.


I was craving for something sweet...too many unfamiliar names on the menu, so just pick one. 
This sweet dish is called 'Banana Masood' (RM8) - fried bread mix with cream, topped with honey and banana.  Don't be deceived by the look of it.  This portion alone need 4-5 of us to share!  =p  
It's comforting, and I think it almost reminded me of having oats for breakfast, maybe can make this for breakfast too?  Or for baby food?  

Generous portions of food at affordable price, nice surroundings, quality food (Cleffairy told us once she saw the restaurant owner rejected a whole bunch of bananas sent to his restaurant, said the goods he requested is not fresh.  This shows that the boss really take the quality of his food seriously!)..you hardly can find it anywhere nowadays.  Yes, I already marked this place in my 'must go to eat' place.  ^_^V

Anyway, before we left, Mamarazi gave me a bag of goodies (forgot to take photo, almost wipe everything clean then I remembered...sigh) - some rice dumplings with chicken fillings that she made by herself; pickled mangoes and keropok....Thank you for the dinner ya.  It's nice to meet you and Cleffairy.  Hope to see you again soon!  ^_^V

9 comments:

Small Kucing said...

You are welcomed.

Adoi...the portion really big leh.

Ya they did top up the hot water for the tea for us.

Next round jom try "honey Masoob" pulak :p

AngeL BeaR said...

Portion is big and with such affordable price! yeah, next time we try other stuff on the menu...maybe shud ask them to show how big is the plate first hahahahahaha....

Lee said...

Hi Angel, Holy Smoke! Thats the biggest piece of bread I've seen. No wonder that cute fellow looking on in shock, ha ha.
I guess the food must be very aromatic?
Have a great week.
Lee.

AngeL BeaR said...

Hi Lee,

I guess the Arabs eat a lot..that's why their portion is huge! Yeah..the food is very aromatic...I wish to visit there again someday.

CathJ said...

something for a change.. interesting..

Unknown said...

Wow..did you managed to finish it all? yummy..and I agree the price is affordable too

cleffairy said...

LOLOL... nice to meet u too, tho I wish I can meet ur cats too. LOL... aiyo... the portion really huge lah... I oso terkejut!

AngeL BeaR said...

Cath: yeah, u shud try =)

Alv: barely...but the banana masood cannot finish...hehehehe

Cleffairy: =) portion besar badan kecik...orang pun terkejut...hehehehe~

cleffairy said...

Yalor... I really really terkejut oso... usually I go there I just order the normal portion, oso so much for me liao... den Kat went and order the half chicken... lagi terkejut! LOL~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org