Since it's early, well...too early for dinner and due to the hot weather plus the other day my brother showed off a photo of ice cool shredded ice topped with generous helping of fresh mango cubes, we went to have a try at Hosten, Lintas.
There are no customers around as we took our seat. Practically empty, maybe because everyone just about to come out from offices kua...
As we took our seats outside the cafe, a female waitress came over and throw (yes, she threw) 2 menus on our table, very much to our surprise. Hrm...such a 'warm welcome' we got. Owh, did I mentioned that she didn't even smile? Is it hard to smile?
She left us a while and we scanned the menu. After a while, she returned when we gestured her that we wanted to place our order, with that same unhappy face she made, she came. Bunny gently told her, "Lain kali, jangan buang-buang menu atas meja..." (next time, please don't throw the menu on the table). She replied with 'Hah?' and seem impatient with getting our orders. Somemore, when we speak Malay to her, she seemed not understand and repeating her question 'Ah?' So I spoke to her in Mandarin, then she replied us back in Malay pulak... Sheesh... and we noticed that it's not just her, but the other staffs as well. Dark, dark faces..me also scared lah.
Bunny was not happy...so does the bear. I suggested him that we should leave, but he still motivated of wanted to try the mango ice, and partly because he is a little exhausted from the whole day course - cramp with lots of notes to remember the whole day, he said we stay, just this once. (See, we are nice people...I mean, thankfully I got someone nicer than me who still can tolerate with the rude treatment - I even joked with him that maybe the staffs haven't got their salary yet, that's why all faces like thunder).
Owh well...here's what we had:
Honeydew ice for me.
Mango ice for Bunny.
Overall...tasted so-so. Nothing much to shout about. Bunny said the mango cubes is too sour for him. Again, I cracked a joke that it's because the staffs got sour faces so the mango turns sour too...LOL!
Anyway, doubt that I will return to this place. Feel so unwelcomed. If you been there and never had any thing that I encountered, just say maybe it wasn't my day then.













0 comments:
Post a Comment