My Daily Tweets

Followers



After 2 days battling it out under the hot sun, the dirt, the pellets flying around, paint on the jerseys, pants, masks, now it's back to nursing sunburns, bruises left from the weekend war.

Yes, very much to my surprise and to everyone who knew me for years in this sport - for the first time in my paintball life I passed out last saturday soon after the lunch break.  It's been very hot that day, guess I don't have enough sleep the night before (pre-tournament jitters keeps me awake whole night), early morning I only had little breakfast for the sake of 'eating something' to keep Koko K stop babbling about me not eating , made the worst mistake for taking 2 cans of energy drink in less than 4 hours that keeps me in a very hyper mode during the game, hectic game schedule to follow (90 rounds that day with 1 field and the minor technical glitches in between causing delays), one of the fellow referees was sick and unable to get through the day means we are one guy short in the field, I am too busy rotating the other refs for rest every few games that I forgotten myself - finally...my spirit says go on but my body gave up.

It wasn't fun, seeing all black spots, wobbling, head aches and at the same time feeling like wanted to vomit, and weak, you feel like wanted to dozed off but you were told not to and they keep you awake...you don't feel like eating or drinking anything and every sip of water feels so bitter and you unable to take another drop unless being forced.  I was lucky that I collapsed nearby where the paintballers were watching the game and I didn't remember where I landed.  I just knew there are voices all around me that sounds like echos.

Then after quite sometime, I feel much better but was not allowed to get back into the field.  My heart breaks seeing them working so hard.  (sigh...when I am the leader, I am supposed to be a lot stronger, right?) I am a little disappointed at myself.

I feel touched when paintballers are concerned and visiting the tent where I was recuperating and asking for my well being.  Some gave lots of advice, others kept me under the shade and offering water, isotonic drinks even food!

Even right after the day 1 tournament is over, Koko K and Simon bring me to have something to eat and for the first time, I rejected dessert. =.=|||

My heartfelt thank you for everyone - your kind get well wishes for me through Facebook, SMS'es, calls.  Also to concerned paintballers during B3M - I can't thank you all enough.  

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

I rejected dessert. ......did i read wrongly?? i thought you love desserrt

AngeL BeaR said...

too sick and tired to eat...uhuhuh....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org