My Daily Tweets

Followers


Elizabeth Gilbert once wrote, "Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation."

So how many ruins we had in our lives before we actually transforming ourselves for something better?
 I no longer can recall how many times I had fallen down so hard, trying to get back up again without having the urge to give up, let go and just...stop living.

Those painful moments where my world just crumbled down, leaving me nothing my just barely bits and pieces of what I had left, and building another same foundation again to believe, to have faith once again that things, that life is gonna be okay.

The moments where sometimes I am getting my hands full...one hand clinging to the people who wanted to get back up again, yet at the same time, another hand was clinging tightly to anything that I can hang on, so that I won't fall.  Yet there are times where I feel like as if I was standing at the edge of a cliff, waiting, watching my back so no one can push me down.  Yet, so many times, they did.

As my own world crumbled apart, with no one to help me picking up the pieces; when everyone I knew avoiding me like plague - I am amused at myself that I still can get up, walked and yes, very much alive..to the very surprise of those who love to see me fall.

Sometimes I felt like I was forced to keep my life transparent - that I been watched every step I took, every single word I uttered, the people who wanted to know why I was laughing and finding a way to stop me from laughing, to wipe that smile from my face; the very same people who wanted to know the cause of my tears so there will be more tears to be squeeze out from me.  I can't talk to someone without anyone asking me the reason why, what we are talking about.  I can't be seen with anyone as if it was always a shame for anyone to be with me. 

I no longer bother to ask why no one was there for me when I needed them.  because it doesn't matter anymore.
I stopped waiting for someone to be there when my world is falling apart.
I no longer wishes for a hug, for someone to be there to listen, to share my bad times because no one will be there but me anyway. 

When is the last time someone came to me and tell me that everything is going to be okay? I can't even remember.

In a way...Elizabeth Gilbert is right.  Ruin is a gift.  Ruin is the road to transformation.  For each time what I had, what I longed for is lost...it turns me into someone that knew how it was when someone else was having the hardest time of their lives. 

But that doesn't mean that I will allow myself to be used, ruined once again. 
A new transformation has begun.

3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

be strong

Unknown said...

Ruin is a gift..I'll remember it AB. Thank you for reminding post. Sometimes I'm too attached with the brokenness..

Anonymous said...

..morning greeting from King Cup:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org