My Daily Tweets

Followers


I haven’t tried this cocktail before…even during my previous visit to Singapore (it was known as one of Singapore’s trademark - that’s why it was named so, I guess). Most probably it’s because I am too busy going here and there and forgot to put ‘pub’ in my checklist while my stay there.

So, recently I went to Upperstar with a good friend of mine and instead of ordering the same classic sets of beer, I decided to go for a cocktail instead. The taste of Upperstar’s Singapore Sling cocktail is a mixture of sweet and bitter, with a little hint of sour, served in a tall glass filled with ice, it’s pinkish colour surely is appealing (taken to the fact that pink is my color =p) It’s refreshing and I was thinking to serve it during our coming annual big family gathering, so I went to Goggle to find it’s recipe. What I found is amazing…there are several different recipes for the same cocktail (with slight changes here and there) and I really felt like wanted to bang my head on the wall for not thinking of tasting the original Singapore Sling during my previous visit to Singapore.

(Singapore Sling was originally created by Mr. Ngiam Tong Boon for the Raffles Hotel in Singapore).

Here are the most common ingredients used to make the Singapore Sling:

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 oz gin
  • 1 oz lemon juice
  • 1/4 oz sugar syrup
  • 1 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
  • 2 oz club soda
  • 1/2 oz cherry brandy
  • lemon slice for garnish
  • maraschino cherry for garnish
  1. Pour the gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup and powdered sugar into a shaker with ice cubes.
  2. Shake well.
  3. Strain into a highball glass with ice cubes.
  4. Pour in the club soda.
  5. Float the cherry brandy on top by pouring it over the back of a bar spoon.
  6. Garnish with the lemon slice and cherry

For the original recipe, visit: http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/SingaporeSling.html

Bottom’s up, everyone! =)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org