AngeLBeaR is on the hungry mode again (She is always hungry), especially whenever she's in KL...there's always lots of food to eat and she can never get enough of it.
Again, after so couple of times and reminding myself 'Must take pic before eat' mantra....here's one of my favorites whenever I'm in KL...maybe because KK don't have (or I didn't know where to find) - as usual lah...went to Kuchai Lama with Badman for lunch and here it is...

Ikan patin masak tempoyak
Yes....it's Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak. A kind of fresh water fish cooked in fermented paste made from durian. Yes, durians!!! I learnt from TV that this dish is a Pahang specialty. I was told that the patin was breed in a flowing river instead of ordinary fish pond, thus giving the fish a special sweet taste. And the fish was taken all the way from Pahang...portion is quite big, only RM8 per dish...it's finger licking good I tell you. Apart from this, they also have selections of cooked vegetables, fish and meat to choose from and some ikan bakar (grilled fish) too! I have yet to taste the ikan bakar, though already been here several times but would love to try it someday (because the winner is still the patin) .
It's located in the stalls next to the Kuchai police station...you can't missed it lah. They closed on Fridays and opened from 11am till 3pm the latest. Make sure you come early lor...or else you will only have leftovers...and no more fish...uhuhuhu (went there once at 2pm for lunch and all I had left is the nasi campur with not much choices already). During the month of Ramadan, they only operated in the evenings (breaking of fast).
Sorry ya, only manage to take photo of this dish lah....cause too hungry already...uhuhuhu...till then, perhaps another time! =p











2 comments:
oooo opposite Ajinomoto is it? That one is called Kuchai Entreprenuer's Park.
uh...that place mcm buruk sikit...park ka tu? hahahaha...more like stalls mcm tu...sebelah the balai polis je...
Post a Comment