My Daily Tweets

Followers

I am hungry.  When I am hungry, I tend to have lots of illusions/visions/pictures (whatever you name it) of...FOOD in my mind.  Even worst is when the food you wish to have is NOT AVAILABLE in the place where you are now, huhuhuhu....

Today, it reminded me of the nice, authentic Indonesian food I had while in Brunei not so long ago.  

During our first night there, we went to Pondok Sari Wangi, said to be one of the best Indonesian Food in Brunei.  Yes, I know what you are thinking - eating INDONESIAN food in BRUNEI.  I would say, Brunei has lots of food to choose from - Japanese, Korean, Bruneian, Western, Indonesian...you name it.  

Okay, back to the food business.


I think they had branches in Brunei...I hope there's one in KK! =)


Since Dinoza (striped shirt seated on the left) is the only one among us been there before, we let him decide.


The man behind Pondok Sari Wangi.  He is a nice guy, and very friendly.
Very strict with the food quality and always make sure that the food reach standard and quality as he wanted.


Very simple but tasty dip for the fish....made of sweet soy sauce, 
a little sambal, some young mango.


I love their sambal. 
 Hopefully next time if the tokey come over KK will bring me some (tebal muka)


Ikan Goreng Sari Wangi.  Looks simple, but fried to perfection that you can eat the bones!
Take a piece of the meat and then dip with the black sauce....fuh.....~~~


Ayam Bakar Wang Solo.
One word = DELICIOUS!


Iga Penyet Sari Wangi.
Not sure what it meant, makan only tau.  
The meat is tender. =)


Tahu Telor.  Tofu made into a basket with vegetables and then put some peanut sauce to go with.
Creative and the tofu is smooth.  Like this one so much.


Then we had the honour of tasting Ayam Goreng Kremes,
their new signature chicken.  It wasn't launched when this photo is taken. 
The tokey said that he need to 'perfect' this dish before selling it out. 
Wah...even before launching also this good...imagine how does it tasted like when it's launched?


Sate Daging.
Not your ordinary beef.  It's made of WAGYU beef okay. 
The thought of having wagyu beef as satay never came to my mind.
I really appreciate every bite of this.  Heavenly!!!


AngeLBeaR tebal muka tell the tokey that she loved rendang.
Tokey said bring out a little for us to taste their rendang, Jawa style.
The best ones I ever had.  Meat is so tender and you can feel it's just melts in your mouth!


and.....washed it all down with Ice Cendol Jakarta.

Overall, I would say...the food is GOOD!  GOOD service, GOOD food, GOOD friends = GOOD time.  

If you drop by to Brunei, please don't forget to visit this place.  You won't regret it.  

My thanks goes to Pondok Sari Wangi for the good Indonesian food experience and kind hospitality too.  Please open a branch in KK. =p

2 comments:

cleffairy said...

Aduhai sayang, terseksa jiwaku after see the food pics tengah tengah malam begini. Sampainya hatimu!

AngeL BeaR said...

hahhaaa..siapa suru baca blog orang at 3am!!! =p

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org