My Daily Tweets

Followers

Back when I am still a teenager (feels old! LOL), I found out that life looks so exciting and promising ahead.  After Form 5 and being in the college means meeting more new friends, living in the city and yeah..there are so many things to do, see and explore.  Friends who live and grew up in the city knew almost everything that a country girl like me feels that they are the most awesome people I knew (I kid you not)...they knew the best place to eat (apart from KFC), where to shop, play and yeah...night life!

But being as a student back then and still under the watchful eye of my aunt at that time, night life is not something that I am allowed to do...and even if it did, I am on a strict curfew.  There are temptations anywhere if one is not being very careful - drugs, sex, alcohol...bad companies...many more.

I am glad that my dad did managed to give me some words of advice that time...and yeah, I am proud to say that I learnt how to mix in the crowd, though there are some friends who are way a little bit 'far' but I knew where to set my boundaries and limits.

I had my first beer when I was 16.  Just a can, out of curiosity during one of the family occasions when my dad is having some beer with his friends.  I always wonder what's so good in that green can that made adults can't get enough of it.  Thankfully, I dislike that taste and didn't have it until when I was in the college, during the occasional night out - just enough so I won't be home too dead drunk or I will be dead meat.  (Well, there are times when I am not happy nor proud to say I am totally wasted when being with my friends - luckily nothing bad happened.)

Anyway, as time goes by, nowadays I seldom drink beer nor hard liquor of any kind.  In some rare occasions when I feel like it, I will visit a local pub once in a while (when I feel like it), listening to live bands or nice music at the lounge, sipping some cocktails and head home, still clear in mind and sober.  I kept some red wine in the cabinet and occasionally had a glass or two if I had trouble sleeping, nothing more.

However, it is sad to learnt that nowadays, more and more people are into alcoholism, consuming more than normal which is not good for health.  Underage children too, are increasing in numbers.  Below here is an interesting info that I got:

http://edit.imgzlla.com/organization_files/1147/alcohol.gif


Even worst is during the festival seasons where there are lots of accident cases involving drunk drivers...there even case one drunk guy slept on the middle of a lonely, dark road and got ran over because the driver didn't see him. Not to mention fights (that results to death too).  It's not wrong to drink (if it's permitted to do so), but please do it moderately. Kids, wait till you are on the legal age to start drinking.

It's not fun at all, waking up with a hangover...or even worst - with some unknown stranger beside you...in my case, having my bathroom all covered with....whatever that is for dinner before the drinking session starts....courtesy of a really wasted friend whom I asked her to stay at my place because she is too drunk to drive home.

I remember there's this one particular year we are organizing a double birthday party for 2 friends at one of the birthday boy's place, and yes...some of the guys are too drunk and the kind hearted birthday boy offered 2 of the totally drunk guys to sleep in his room.  So...3 of them share that big bed and he is in the middle...to his horror...one of the guys woke up, stripped naked and get back to sleep again, and the other pee on the bed!!  So you can imagine how bad is that..woke up and naked on the bed with 2 guys...and the other with his pants all wet!!  And how the host who slept in the middle would feel at that time!  

So...remember, if we overdo it....the fun might turn into our nightmares..or someone else's.  

Be safe during this holiday/festival season.  Don't drink and drive.

1 comments:

Small Kucing said...

everything in moderation...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org