My Daily Tweets

Followers

Recently yours truly went for dinner at Sailor's Cafe at Grand Millenium plaza.  

Well, I actually went to the Plaza mostly for dimsum or buying groceries at CKS Hypermarket and never tried this place before.  So, finally, here I am.

I regretted that I didn't bring my humble cam that day.  Or else can take photo of the environment, well I guess that will do next time.  =/

To cut long story short, here's what we had: (pardon me with the photo quality...am using my phone to snap it)


Kay's carrot juice


It's pretty hot lately so I opted for cold water.
They serve it in this green bottle.  My guess that they re-used the wine bottles, 
which is good, rather than throw it away. =)


I don't know what to have so I opt for that day's special.
Salmon steak.
The fish was cooked nicely, suit to my preferences.  It also came with a nice heap of fresh salad 
and beneath the fish is a heap of side dish that was made of eggplants mix with other vegetables.  I love it.  I wish I had ordered some garlic bread to eat it with.


Kay ordered lamb chop.
Also tasted good.  She used her garlic bread and scrap my eggplant with it =p
What I like is the generous pieces of well done lamb chops.

I ordered Cajun chicken salad but sadly, I guess the waiter had forgotten so it never came.  =(  But the portion of the food is more than enough.  It's a good thing they forgot about it.  But, instead, I ordered banana split for dessert but after waiting for quite some time, it never arrived.  

Only then when we asked for the bill (after called the staff several times), they came and when we look through the bill, the cajun chicken salad was not in the bill (thankfully) but the banana split is!  We told the waitress that the dessert never arrived but she just simply replied to us that 'Oh, it's already been made, and will come soon...'  and giving excuses that there are quite a 'lot' of customers coming in that evening that they are quite busy.  (I am in no mood to argue anyway when I could have asked her to explain that when we first arrived there, that wasn't that many people around and yet her colleague could have missed my chicken salad)

*sigh*  am a little disappointed at this part since she could have given the courtesy to apologize and explain to us, not when we wanted to ask her to omit the item from the list only then she told us ma... geez...

So...the banana split came anyway: (because we are being nice and patient that day, so we stayed on waiting for it to arrive)


Nonetheless, the food is good in terms of taste and pricing is affordable too.  I like the ambiance of the cafe too.  But I do wish the next time I visited again, the service will improve.  *cross fingers*

To know more about this place, kindly visit their Facebook page HERE.

1 comments:

Vibrantkitty said...

Been there some time ago too. Have not revisit for a long-long time. Will make a day for Sailors soon. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org