My Daily Tweets

Followers

Mom just called and asked if I had seen my brother today. Well, I haven’t seen him since yesterday so I asked her what’s up. She wanted to know if my brother has arranged for our hotel to stay during our trip to KL which will take place in another 2 weeks to attend my sister’s convo from university. So I take it that it has been a week or so since this issue was raised and the hotel thingy was not settled yet. Then she told me that my bro had previously informed her that my future sister in law will handle this matter for us.

Why am I not surprised…the last time she ‘handled’ the same matter during our project in Labuan last July almost ended me and my whole crew sleeping in the car, where she only informed my sister that we had to arrange our place to stay only less than 24 hours before all of us leave KK to head towards Labuan. In the end, thankful enough we had a place to stay in Labuan, barely…10 of us had to share one room for the next 5 days, moved into 4 different hotels.

I don’t mind if this trip is just me going to see my sister graduate. But my mom is coming along. Sure I had cousins whom has stayed there for years. But Mom prefered to find a place for her to stay where she can have easy access of transportation, food and shopping hubs without giving any of our relatives a burden to bring her here and there…or to pick us up from the airport, not even my brother. That’s my mom. The independent iron lady in the house who raised 6 of us all by herself since dad passed away.

She didn’t even picked up my mom’s call or replied her SMS. Recently my brother and her had been arguing about the wedding preparations, she decided to double up her visits to the hair and beauty salons, brought lots of clothings and new shoes and now, she wants to purchase the wedding gown, instead of renting it.

I am a lady myself, I know that a bride to be has to do what she has to do to look good for their big day. But to overspend on something that is not necessary? She earned quite a lot herself per month. My brother doesn’t mind if all those money were used were from her account, but the thing that pisses him off is, that it was his money was spent for everything. All those her own monthly income was spent for her dozens of cats that has the best of everything.

I pity my brother but seems like not just him, but all of us has to put up with the fact that he will be marrying this ‘princess’ into the family and we had no choice but to put up with her attitude.

Speaking about attitude, the other traits that she started to show is she ignores calls from my mom. I had the feeling that someday, she will start to treat my mom just like she talks to her parents. RUDE. Isn’t that people who supposed to have high education should be more thoughtful and knew how to speak to your elders? For Christ’s sake, even those who lives in the kampungs knew how to respect their elders.

I remember when I was little, no child is allowed to raise their voices to the elders in the family. Honestly speaking, I don’t like the way she speaks to her parents either, and I wonder why they can be so cool about it. All that I knew, it’s just a matter of time before I will speak out my mind. The moment I heard she raise her voice to my mom will be the day she would regret doing so, and I will make sure she won’t forget her place in the family. Till then, I will bear and give her face for my brother’s sake.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice posting here...thank you very much indeed for that link

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org