Socky...waiting nervously to be examined while my SIL, Tracy calmed him down.
Dr. Yan carefully examined him...
Got few jabs that I can't recall...vitamin, antbiotics... =(
Due to dehydration, he has to be drip with water...look at how many it was inserted into his body...
Had to hold him tight...he might be sick but still strong enough to fight back...
Sorry boy....this is for your own good... =(
Sick....he looked at me with the 'I don't want to stay here' look when I placed him into the cage myself. It's really heart-breaking. =(
30th October 2010.
Went to visit him in the afternoon to check his condition. He still look sad. But I managed to held him while the nurse had to force feed him some medicine using syringe into his mouth. Still strong enough to kick and fight back. I know it is painful for him to swallow, and it doesn't taste good. I wished that he will respond to the medications. Spent sometime with him, trying to assure him that if he being a good kitty to eat his medicine, he will be home soon. Again, he tried to make his cutest look to assure me that he is okay to go home. Still, had to leave him. He is on painkiller so that he can eat and drink without pain. Dr. Yan said the chances for him to survive is high if he started eating.
31st October 2010.
Sunday. The vet is opened half day. Managed to see him again. Once again, he has to be given water and vitamin through IV. He is sad. I know how it feels, boy. Surrounded by a bunch of wailing cats and dogs, it is not a pleasant place to be. But you had to get well. By then, I really wished that I could bring him home, but unfortunately, I had an work to do...will be home only by night time...I can't just leave him at home without someone to watch over him from time to time.
1st November 2010.
Received SMS from my SIL at 8:15am. Socky was weak, given oxygen and was found has bleeding stool. Confirmed with gastrointestinal problem all over inside his body. Was told to prepare for the worst. Arrived the vet at 8:45am. I cried when I saw him lying at the operating table, his eyes no longer responsive. Wrapped in towels with gloves filled with warm water. His body is cold but he still breathing. I stood there for more than an hour, stroking him all the time, telling him to rest.
Socky was then carried back into his cage. I spent most of my time there, leaving only for a while to sit down and let the caretakers cleaned the animal's cages and fed them. My Socky can no longer eat or move. 11am, I went out for a while, knowing my brother Zach who took the trouble to sent me and waited with me haven't eaten anything. Returned as soon as we finished our brunch. Socky was still trying to hold on.
I comforted him, told him that what a good cat he's been. Thanking him for all the happiness and smiles he has given to us. I kept on whispered to his ear, hoping that he'll listen and told him that it is okay to let go. Deep inside I prayed to God, to just release him from the pain.
My SIL arrived at a little over 12:30pm to visit her own cat and at the same time, visiting mine. Then, suddenly, Socky jerked a little bit with his head towards above him, trying to catch some breath. His breathing deep and slow. I cried again, letting my tears fell as I stroked him. His body getting colder as time goes by, but his heart still beating. I kept on telling him to just let go...and rest.
12:45pm. Socky still breathing. Sometimes I could occasionally heard his breathing seems deep and exhale sounds came out from his mouth. 1:30pm. Socky found difficulty to breathe and chocked on every breath he took. Dr. Yan gave him some oxygen. He still coughing a little and I kept on holding him, feeling his heart beat that went faint...little by little. His little heart beats slowly.....and getting slower.......slower.......and slower..........and then....it just....stopped. Dr. Yan examined him and confirmed that his little heart had stopped. Socky died at 1:57pm...
It was raining heavily last night. It reminded me of the day we found Socky, Pipit and Zoey at the back of a restaurant couple months ago. It was raining heavily, and I placed them in a box and bring them home.
May 2010. Socky was a tiny little kitten, very curious about everything and hyperactive.
He will sleep everywhere....
anything can be his toy...
Socky (left) with his playmate, Pipit (right)....She has been very unhappy since yesterday =(
Socky. May 2010 - 1st Nov 2010.
I'm going to miss you boy. You've been a good kitty. If cats goes to heaven, I am sure you are there somewhere, with Him who created you.
























7 comments:
Sorry to hear that..sian oh... :(
teringat kucing sia dulu.. kami tepksa minta doc inject kasi mati dia coz cedera dalaman. Siann..
Hi Angel..
You know, since the day you mentioned Socky was warded, I was worried about his condition. I waited for your update about him but I x dare to response.. But deep inside I wished and I prayed that he will recover soon. And when you announced that he was gone, I was so sad and I cried too bcuz I understand how you felt. I've been there. But it's just that I never got the chance to be by my Diamond's side when he was gone last December. He was warded at SAMC too.. But I know my Diamond waited for me to come. I was just few minutes late.
RIP Socky.. Be strong ya Angel.. *hugs*
awww so sad.... hugs be strong i am sure cat go to heaven too... :)
So sorry to hear about your kitty friend, Angel. You've posted lovely photos of him and I'm sure he left you beautiful memories. Take care!
Senang2 visit my blog and read about the stray cat I mentioned recently.
Hi AngelBear, regret read if your loss. Socky was a great cat and I guess brought you lots of wonderful moments.
But you today have all the beautiful pics here to keep his memory alive..
You stay easy, and hold on to the beautiful memories.
Lee.
thank you everyone.
Post a Comment