My Daily Tweets

Followers

Not many people eats bitter gourd because of it's bitter taste.  I used to dislike it when I was a kid, but I can't remember since when do I started to love this vegetable.  There are few easy ways to prepare bitter gourd.  Anyway, I decided to cook some bitter gourd for dinner today:


Slice some bitter gourd.  Discard the seeds.  You can cut it into any sizes that you prefer.  
In case you don't like the bitter taste, you can wash it again after slicing it.


Chop some garlic, as much as you prefer.


A can of fish with salted black beans.  Any brand will do.

In a wok, pour some oil (3-4 tablespoons will do) and then put in the garlic.  Stir fry until it became aromatic then put in the bitter gourd.  Stir until it gets soft (I prefer mine half cook though).  Afterwards put in the whole can of fish with salted black beans, stir well.  Put in salt to taste (usually you don't have to, as the canned fish and black beans already has taste), maybe a little water if it gets too dry.  Serve.


Tadaaa!! ^_^V

Another simple way to prepare bitter gourd is just simply cook it with eggs to made into an omelette, or stir fry with marinated meat of any kind you prefer.

Bitter gourd has it's own nutritional value, in case you were wondering, it is highly recommended for those having high blood and diabetic problem.  So, why don't put bitter gourd in your menu next time ok?

8 comments:

cleffairy said...

This dish looks yummy... unfortunately, I wun be able to take it. LOL. I have low blood pressure problem. Huhuuuhuuuu... this is my poison!

Unknown said...

Bitter guard is my fav vegi,too bad my boys don't like it........sigh

and the fish and the black beans used to be my fav too,you see when i was small,family poor,this was the dish that would eat throughout the day,,, kind of salty and appetizing,,,hahahha

hey angel,have a great week ahead ya and god bless

Small Kucing said...

I fry with eggs :)

Unknown said...

One of my favourites..and I just have it this afternoon...nyum..nyum..

Angelina said...

Wah. Wlupun I don't like peria, this dish looks good! I cook peria, but I don't eat it. My family do :)

Cyril Dason said...

i love eating bitter goat, and now i know how to cook it thanks to you!

AngeL BeaR said...

Cleffairy: ur's banned from having this la...hihihiih

eugene: really? I love the fish and black beans alone too!

small kucing: yes, the easiest!

Alv: bah, tambah lagi =p

Cyril: enjoy the recipe! =)

AngeL BeaR said...

angel: can try =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org