My Daily Tweets

Followers

One friend of mine asked me today "So, are you celebrating Valentine's Day this year?"

Ah....that day come again. Where roses priced twice than usual, teddy bears lined up the racks, waiting to be purchased, chocolates came in various sizes, famous restaurants began to offer "Set of 2" in various selections of meals to choose from and many more.

Which reminds me...what first love was like. I still remember mine long time ago. It was kinda puppy love I guess. But it felt good. Well, good things must come to an end - puppy love never last. We broke up and it really hurts. That's the first time I experienced heartbreak that I cried my heart out. Feel so stupid when I think it back. Hahahahaha...

However, I did move on. Finished my studies, landed myself a job. Dated a guy for 5 years until I found out he cheated on me - and to add salt to the injury, he's already made the lady pregnant and I found out this all on Christmas Eve. Wow...what a gift! What else I can do but to let him go? Even if that lady was not pregnant at time, I would have leave him anyway.

It's just one thing about me - though I am not romantic, I always believe that there is someone out there for me. I believe that everything happens for a lot of reasons. During the period of my singleton days, my first boyfriend suddenly came out of nowhere, and wants to rekindle the old flame. But I politely refused. From my mom I learnt that he is now working at a goverment department in the neighboring state - single, hoping and waiting.

It's not that I hated him for the failure of our relationship at the first place. There is no one to blame anyway. I already forgive the other one for what he has done to me long time ago. Perhaps I would said 'yes' if he came 3 years earlier. *Laughs*

Now, I am happily in a relationship with a guy who doesn't celebrates Valentines on 14th February because he believes that Valentine is everyday; that insisted that I quit paintball because he dislikes the bruises I got, that hopes I can wear more skirts than pants; the one that nags more than my mom everytime he learnt that I am sick; that misses me as much as I missed him every single day until we can meet again. Most importantly - accepts me for who I am as much as I accepted him for who he is.

Thank you dear. God willing, hope this will last.

8 comments:

Kay Leaf said...

~*Happy Valentine Everyday*~

Unknown said...

Valentine is everyday what..why need 14 Feb anyway..hehhehhe..happy valentine day. Valentine is for the person whom you love..parents, siblings, frens.. :)

InobonG ProPer said...

I believe Loving is everyday.

14th of February is merely a St. Valentine's day.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15254a.htm

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Yeah...wear more skirts.

merapuswz@webber said...

"Now, I am happily in a relationship with a guy who doesn't celebrates Valentines on 14th February because he believes that Valentine is everyday; that insisted that I quit paintball because he dislikes the bruises I got, that hopes I can wear more skirts than pants; the one that nags more than my mom everytime he learnt that I am sick; that misses me as much as I missed him every single day until we can meet again. Most importantly - accepts me for who I am as much as I accepted him for who he is. "

-- you're a one lucky gal...hope it will last forever and ever until 21 dec 2012..hkahka..i mean..that's what they predict the world will be end right? hahaha

Vienne said...

Happy Valentine Day..On my V-day with my first love(puppy love) ended when i saw him with another girl after he gave me chocolate bar..it's hurts me but that was like when i am in form 2..hahaha...but the first guy we dated is hard to forget rite?

Anonymous said...

wow,,a perfect gentleman. cheerrss to both of u :),, yep, everyday is valentine :)

Medusa said...

;) lovely u angel~ :P wish all the best then.. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org