My Daily Tweets

Followers

I found this nice song in YouTube, but it's in Hakka. Don't know how to pronounce the title in Hakka =p In Mandarin it supposed to be "Hai Bian Kan Fei Ji". It was composed and sung by a Sabahan. Didn't really know the real name of the singer but I was told that there is a CD released. Unlike most Hakka songs that I found in YouTube that mostly..well..uh...oldies, this singer managed to give a fresh change and really suits to the taste of most people. I heard it was almost a mix of Jay Chou - Richie Ren style in his music (correct me if I am wrong). Well, feel free to listen. For those who didn't understand Hakka, I am doing my best to translate it (to the nearest meaning of the lines, because my Hakka is elementary also...hahahaa...so please help me correct the mistakes) below the clip. Enjoy!



Alone in Tanjung Aru,
Saw lots of dating couples,
sharing one coconut with 2 straws,
Eating pickled fruits.

I remember the day you told me,
You had decided to England with him,
finally you got the chance to go skiing with him,
and can see how the moon light was in oversea.

Actually there are lots of things I wanted to tell you,
I kept it inside and it's hard to said it out,
20 years has gone by and I still haven't tell you,
Every nights passes by,
I only said it in my sleep!

I really love you,
Can you please don't go to America?
I really love you,
Can you please don't go with him?

If you really wish to travel by plane,
Why don't I bring you to somewhere near,
In the newspaper ads they advertised zero-priced airline tickets,
Two airlines were competing each other;

Penang, Johor, Kuala Lumpur,
You just name it and I will go online,
If really want it please make it fast or it will be finished,
Zero-priced tickets sold out, I will be done for.

Actually there are lots of things I wanted to tell you,
Kota Kinabalu is a good place to stay,
Since the past years, the foreigners keep coming,
Mountain climbing, island hopping,
To the 3rd Beach enjoying the moon light.

I really love you,
can you please don't go to America?
I really love you,
Concerned that when you are sleeping it's cold and you
don't have a blanket to cover;
I still really love you,
In America you can't eat KK's famous Sang Nyuk Mee,
I really love you,
It's best if you don't leave Kota Kinabalu~

Because if you are not beside me...
I will die.

Alone at the beach,
looking at the airplane took off to the sky...
Alone at the beach,
looking at the airplane getting further and further away...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org