My Daily Tweets

Followers

To be honest, I am a little 'paranoid' of answering my phone or replying any SMS.  I sighed with relief whenever I heard the other person at the other line is someone who is not listed as below:

1 - Someone whom I never heard of claiming "I got your number from your 'friend'.  So I would like to introduce you this new insurance policy of my company..." (No offense ya, if you really doing this for a living)...but it started to get annoying when I replied, "I'm sorry, but I already have an insurance.  If I needed to add more I will sure to contact you ya..."  and you thought they will leave you alone...WRONG.  They will say the same old script "No, this is different policy and more benefit for you...bla bla bla..." (and they rant on and on about the 'what if's' thingy on you and makes you started knock your knuckles on the table and keep on saying 'touch wood...touch wood...'). 

..and....AND....if you manage to get rid of them for the day, trust me...a day or two they'll start calling you back and asked, "So, when can we meet and we can discuss this over coffee?" or, "It's okay you can't go out, maybe you can give me your home or office address so I can see you?" or, "Have you made your decision yet?" (in which, you remembered the last time you talked to him/her is that you tell them you're not interested and cut the conversation short.)

Being the nice AngeLBeaR (ahem...), I did try to be polite though these kind of people trying to force you buy their policy, pretending they don't understand the word 'I am not interested' (and cracking my brain thinking which culprit that so ignorant to give my phone number without my consent).  The last time someone from this line called and been chasing me endlessly for a whole week without fail, calling 3-5 times a day and left lots of messages that's more like to curse me with her 'what ifs' from sunrise to sunset. The 8th day, I just lost it.  She never called me ever since.

2 - Long lost 'friend'/ex-classmates (which you already deleted them from your handphone list or don't bother to add them in your phonebook list when you changed phone because they never replied to your messages and you wonder if they are still alive) suddenly called you and asked you out for yam cha.  Being as the nice person who thinks it's nice to meet up with old friends to 'catch up with the old days', you agreed.  They came sometimes alone, sometimes with a friend/relative or whoever they introduced you to and before you start having your first sip of your teh tarik they took out a pen and paper and some brochures.  Next thing you know they started to ramble on how to make 10k within 3 months with just 1k investment with all the pyramid like charts (and they said, "this is not pyramid scheme..." <-- if it's not pyramid then it was a rectangle is it?), the 'magical' products that supposed to make one pretty, slim, beautiful, healthy (900 types of vegetable & fruits woh!!).  Sorry, since you said it's not pyramid and I said it is, we both had different opinion...cannot be 'business partners' lor....I learnt my lesson.  Never accept any yam cha offer from long lost 'friends' unless it's a wedding invitation.

3 - The 'Guess who I am?' type.  In case you don't know, I didn't save your number, that's why I asked "Who is this?" when you called or sent me an SMS.  I can't see who is the idiot that talks at the other side wanted me to guess who you are since I can't see you, nor that I got the time to play that kind of game with you.  When I politely asked to introduce who the heck are these people sent me messages or called me, please give me a more specific answer rather than 'It's me lah.  You don't remember?' or 'Aiyah, sombong already.  Don't remember me already lah.' or 'Guess who lah?' =.=  and when I choose not to answer, kena maki balik pula, calling me names.  Haiyo...who's the idiot one?

4 - The 'Who is this?' type.  Excuse me, you the one who called my number, and you asked me to introduce myself?  Nowadays, my usual answer will be, "This is the funeral parlor worker.  Anyone wants to book grave plot or coffin ah?  I got special discount starting from RM444." last time I choose not to reply with the 'who's this?' question.  In the end, the idiot kept on missed call and sent SMS wanted to know who am I.  Too many free time... =/

5 - The Silent Caller.  Maybe I got sexy voice that the caller prefer to hear my voice 'hello? hello?' there.  Don't do that lah.  If you want to hear more sexy voices, listen to radio better.  AngeLBeaR sometimes 'hello....You!!! Face Mask On!!!...hello? hello?" is so not sexy.

6 - The 'Missed Call' type.  I don't know...miss call several times per day, not tired ah?  Sometimes I am being so kind to call back but no answer!  As if doing that can bar any calls from coming in my phone.  Sorry, I had the call waiting function on. 

Did you have any problem with these kind of people sometimes?  

6 comments:

MosePA said...

Haha... I think I did face the same situation like you... But me, unknown number? Sorry... I won't pick up anymore... Only number listed in my phone I will pick the call. But if they do know me, they should sms me so that I know who they are... Haha... Stay calm okay... Yeahhh...

Small Kucing said...

got....

AngeL BeaR said...

small kucing: and they are pretty annoying issit?

Tina said...

Often get these calls! On the hse phone I pretend I'm someone else! On my hp I've pretended (once) to be my sister and told the caller I was out but had left the hp at home.

The worst callers are telemarketers(?). As soon as they get you on the phone they go on and on and on READING from a script. I've learnt my lesson. No more acknowledging I'm Tina when they call.

My most annoying call: I was home alone and shampooing my hair when the phone refused to stop ringing. Wet and dripping with shampoo, I answered the call. An angry woman asked: APA KAU BUAT SANA?

I was too stunned to say anything except... this is my house. Wrong number.

After I finished showering, she called again! This time to apologise!!
I guess she called her hse first time but punched my hse number. Maybe she thought I was husband's amoi! Buduh punya orang. I told her next time be careful... jangan call terus marah orang. No, I didn't slam down the phone...

AngeL BeaR said...

aunty Tina: ah...me pernah tu ada perempuan call di ruma...looking for someone, and the thing is...the person she look for has the same name as I am!!!! Tau2 yg sama nama ni rampas laki dia (bikin malu saja)...balik2 ni merayu minta kasi balik laki...sa pun blur2...last2 when I tell her she got the wrong person terus she apologize...hehehehehe~

Cynthia said...

out of the 7 'scenarios'.. I think I kana at least 4 especially the No 1! And I got a old friend who like to call on a 'unknown' number and expect me to know who it is.. Once I just put down the phone feeling fed up with her.. and there, she learns..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org