
I was surprised when I heard one of my friends just broke up with his girlfriend. It is hard when someone that we gave our heart to, the one we hope to share our life - suddenly walked out from our life and move on - without us.
It reminded me the time when I broke up with my ex few years back. Spent a whole 5 years together then I found out that he was seeing someone else for almost a year. To add salt into the injury, he got the lady pregnant and they got married. Feeling cheated, betrayed and somewhat fooled, disgusted, all emotions mixed into one. Sounds familiar to some?
Truth is, there is no such thing as easy breakup. Forgive me if I am wrong, but is it easy to walk away and move on, knowing that someone that we used to care and love is no longer there? More painful to know when they already had someone else to replace our place, which in fact, we are already replaced and only waiting for the time to tell the whole world that our place in their hearts were taken the moment we leave.
Looking from the other side, not all the people who initiated the break up is heartless. Sometimes, they find it hard to tell the truth that "There is just no more love anymore.", thus they afraid the truth of those words will hurt the person. When there is still a little compassion left, I think that it came for the sake of the happy memories that once shared. So they still had a heart after all.
However, I will be most grateful...if that someone could be more truthful at the first place. At least, you are doing us a great favor by telling the truth that we are not going anywhere in this relationship - true, we might feel hurt. We will be hurt! But it will lessen the pain rather than found out about it and knew that it has been going on long before we realized it.
Maybe some of you readers might think "AngelBear just didn't understand how it feels." I do. I gave a myself a good cry and grieved for a week when the breakup happened. I do feel angry at him. I feel angry at myself for being so stupid enough that I been fooled all along. Who doesn't?
The pain is still there when the tears had dried but I let myself heal over time. The key to the path of my healing process? Prayers (though I am not that religious), gaining back my self confidence with lots of motivation, getting involved with new things (then paintball came into my life!), think positive and look for the silver lining behind the dark clouds that surrounded me.
I have lots of things to thank for, from him, really. I am thankful that at least he did share some happy memories with me, I am thankful that I learn to be more stronger than I was. I am thankful so much that he shows me that I can do better than before. I am thankful for my life today because of him - leaving me. No joking! =p
So my friend...I hope that you will recover soon. Remember: you always have friends and family that loves and cares about you. *hugs*
Truth is, there is no such thing as easy breakup. Forgive me if I am wrong, but is it easy to walk away and move on, knowing that someone that we used to care and love is no longer there? More painful to know when they already had someone else to replace our place, which in fact, we are already replaced and only waiting for the time to tell the whole world that our place in their hearts were taken the moment we leave.
Looking from the other side, not all the people who initiated the break up is heartless. Sometimes, they find it hard to tell the truth that "There is just no more love anymore.", thus they afraid the truth of those words will hurt the person. When there is still a little compassion left, I think that it came for the sake of the happy memories that once shared. So they still had a heart after all.
However, I will be most grateful...if that someone could be more truthful at the first place. At least, you are doing us a great favor by telling the truth that we are not going anywhere in this relationship - true, we might feel hurt. We will be hurt! But it will lessen the pain rather than found out about it and knew that it has been going on long before we realized it.
Maybe some of you readers might think "AngelBear just didn't understand how it feels." I do. I gave a myself a good cry and grieved for a week when the breakup happened. I do feel angry at him. I feel angry at myself for being so stupid enough that I been fooled all along. Who doesn't?
The pain is still there when the tears had dried but I let myself heal over time. The key to the path of my healing process? Prayers (though I am not that religious), gaining back my self confidence with lots of motivation, getting involved with new things (then paintball came into my life!), think positive and look for the silver lining behind the dark clouds that surrounded me.
I have lots of things to thank for, from him, really. I am thankful that at least he did share some happy memories with me, I am thankful that I learn to be more stronger than I was. I am thankful so much that he shows me that I can do better than before. I am thankful for my life today because of him - leaving me. No joking! =p
So my friend...I hope that you will recover soon. Remember: you always have friends and family that loves and cares about you. *hugs*
Never be sad for what is over,
just be glad that it was once yours.
- Unknown
just be glad that it was once yours.
- Unknown











6 comments:
whoops i suppose that you just updated your blog.. i notice the changes of the pictures in this post within a few minutes =)
" Feeling cheated, betrayed and somewhat fooled, disgusted, all emotions mixed into one "
you describe it so well =)
tho it's gonna be something unforgetable, yet life must still goes on. tho the torn might be there forever, we mustn't forget that our smile is really charming when we actually smile from the bottom of our heart =)
truly understand ur feeling, i did experienced a lil similar case like the one you've gone thru =) what to do, there are just some irresponsible guys like that.
the piano music in your blog, played by yourself?
dear Ashley,
Yeah..i changed it cause the comic strip was too long *laughs*
Nope..the piano music collections were those I got from youtube. I love music, but too bad I can't seem to get myself playing one instrument. *laughs!!!* Great isn't?
as long as you still can talk and sing and shout, you still know how to play music instrument. a very special and unique instrument - your voice :D
since u love music, share with u some of my not-very-good piano video :P
www.youtube.com/ashleyklt
The first thing that ran through my mind was Neil Sedaka's Breaking Up is Hard to Do...
Part and parcel of life, it'll make us stronger though it hurts like hell in the beginning...
Oww...reading the word "breaking up" alone, is already an eyesore. Come to think about it, breaking up is actually the last thing on our mind when we walk into a relationship. But again, things happen. After all said and done, Tomorrow is gonna be a better day, but first...you must make sure you do everything to survive long enuff to see that happen. Been there, done that, too. I remember what you said Dingo, if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger. Maybe you should tell that to your friend :)
Gallivanter: yeah..i agree...it makes us stronger.
256: I told the same to him. I don't worry much about that dude. He will recover, over some time. =)
Post a Comment