My Daily Tweets

Followers

13th November 2008

I still lingered around the house at 2pm. My bag is half packed, lots of stuff still not put inside. "Lama lagi bah..." (my bad habit sometimes.). My handphone has been constantly ringing. My cousin, Abel (who is also Splatzone Dragoons' Team Captain) with Edward already arrived in the morning. Gracy and Eric are expected to fly at 7pm flight via AirAsia, while my flight is scheduled at 9:15pm the same date. Vermont and Tracy will fly the next day via the first flight. Came to think about it, while everyone travel at the same time, we all travel in separate flights...I had this stupid thought that should 'anything' happened (touchwood!) then at least some of the Splatzoners will survive to continue the legacy..something like that. (palis-palis~~~)

I left the house at 6pm. Tracy sent me a message that Gracy and Eric will wait until I arrived at LCCT then we will check into our hotel together. When I already in the queue to wait for boarding the plane, I was about to switch off my handphone when Aweng called. "Apa itu 16 points of Elimination?" aiyah....teda baca rulebook before jalan ka ni...sa manada bawa... =.=

Arrived at LCCT at 11:45pm. The journey was smooth, and I fell asleep throughout the whole journey. Gracy and Eric has been waiting outside the airport with Gracy's cousin, also named Edward. He sent us to our hotel at Sri Petaling. Abel and Edward who arrived earlier has been waiting for us. The minute we went inside the room, all bags, boxes that we brought together were opened, markers re-checked, well...since I am the referee I don't have much to prepare for myself, but the guys who came to and fro from our room to the next makes me find it hard to sleep. I think I finally dozed off at about 4am.

14th November 2008

Woke up at 5:30am, so that I won't have to fight for bathroom with the rest. My brother, Aaron picked me up and we drove to KL Central to pick Jay-T and his wife, however, again...because of the unreliable GPS, we got lost and the 20 minute journey turns to almost an hour. Since I be the one who must arrive earlier than the rest, my brother decided to send me to Xtion Paintball Park first.

I arrived, greeted by the refs who had been working with me throughout the years. Azrul handed me the jersey and said "Sorry ya Gab, takde size kecik...semua XL.." and Aweng jumped in front of me and said "Ko di Division 2 field...sa di Division 3 field, hahaha..." pandai jak dia sana cari kerja senang...

So, the game started at about 8am. However, barely few rounds after that, the game was stopped due to compressed air and power supply problems. It was almost noon when they resumed the game. We had an hour break afterwards for lunch and prayers and then resume the game at almost 2pm. As I expected, it started to drizzle late in the afternoon but we managed to end the day's games at about 6pm.

15th November 2008

I woke up at 6am, while the rest of the Splatzoners were still sleeping. They no longer had any games so I had to go alone. The game started again at 8am for all divisions. This time, Daniel switched my position where I was a base marshal from the day before, and today I am the ground marshal (just like last year). Wuu..the field is wet and muddy!!!!!

However, it started to rained heavily before lunch break and again, all referees and players take shelter under our respective camps. But after the rain and lunch, we managed to finish the day's game at 3pm, because there are not many teams in Division 2 and 1.

I'm already covered with paint and dirt from head to toe by then. My poor sneakers and pants.

16th November 2008

Last day of WCA. Everything ran smoothly and all our games were done above the scheduled time. Daniel is so impressed. But the ground is so muddy that one participant from Indonesia remarked "Kuala Lumpur yah..." suits that name better.

Game ended at about 4pm. Found the rest of the Splatzoners relaxing near the Dye booth. Argghhh~~~ I missed the cheap sale!!!! That's the thing about being a referee, you can't grab the goodies because you had to be in the field at all times! My brother proudly show his Joy Division Angel-1 marker that not everyone owns it here in the whole country. It's like own a Ferrari or something. He also got a Joy Division jersey that was signed by the Joy Division guys. No offence, boys...the jersey looks good on you all, but when my brother wears it, he looks like a stripper!!! *evil grin* (ps: Angel-1 is actually a dream marker of mine...but now my bro has it..huhuhuhu~ )

17th November 2008

Checked out at 12noon. Gracy's cousin, Edward came and drop us at Putrajaya for a stroll then sent us back to Sri Petaling where our hired transport arrived shortly. Grabbed our stuff and went to LCCT.

By coincidence, we met Gracy's friend, Ezad (the guy who do some magic tricks at Magic-X show in TV) and he supposed to take the same flight as us. While waiting and having some Mc D's, Ezad showed us some tricks to kill some time. We also bump into teams from Thailand, Japan and Sarawak there.

Arrived home at about 2am, tired...but filled with satisfaction about the year's event. This year WCA might not be as grand as last year, but I am glad that once again, I saw great players, great games, less hassle, meeting old friends.

If I had the chance to go again next year, I might still stick to the black and white striped jersey. I love what I am doing now. Just like Jabber quoted "It takes a certain type of person to be a paintball player. It also takes a particular type of person to be a marshal or referee. The player gets rewarded by the adrenaline rush and sense of victory when they win a game. The referee, however, has to get their kicks by some other means.” I can still see myself in that same jersey for another 5 years (God willing!)

Many thanks to brother Aweng, Big bro Faizam for picking me up from the hotel to the venue every morning, Eddie for bringing me to the best Satay Kajang..suda makan abis, tapau lagi tu...hujan-hujan pun sanggup datang ni pick me up; Edward for driving us, tengah-tengah malam pun pigi airport juga pick us up..kesian...also to Momon's cousin, Nana for bringing the guys ronda-ronda KL (I heard sempat lagi racing sama mat rempit!) and Denise, nice to meet you again.

'No Respect, No Marshal, No Tournament!'

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked Blogs

This Blog's Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 18 August 2007


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact gabrielle_sheila@yahoo.com.


This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org