
We see things everyday. We saw how blue is the sky, how bright is the sun. We differentiate flowers based on the petals, color and smell. We enjoy the green grass waving in the breeze, or the blue sea. We hear the sound of thunder, the pouring rain, the bird singing. We saw God's creation the moment we woke up and opened our eyes. But then...what happened when one day, it was taken from us?
This is what 16 year old Yvonne Foong felt and still fighting for. Diagnosed with Neorofibromatosis ( A genetic disease characterized by the formation of neurofibromas, sometimes accompanied by physical deformation and a predisposition to brain tumors and various forms of cancer), she has lost her hearing and only communicated through writing a small white card board. Now, her needs another operation so that she won't lost her eye sight. The operations is due in December, and she needs to raise funds to meet the medical bills that costs 44,000USD (RM154, 770) and her estimated cost of hospital stay for 2 weeks is 915USD (RM3,219).
So far, RM10, 000 was made and she is hoping to raise more funds by republishing her book, "I Am Not Sick, Just A Little Unwell" in English and Chinese as well as selling T-shirts at bazaars.
You may help to send the word to everyone out there in you blog list by following this steps:
1. Create a blog entry entitled "Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight"
2. List 3 things that you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne's book cover.
3. End with the line 'Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com'
4. Tag 5 blog friends, and be sure to follow the steps above =)
Now...about the 3 things I love to see?
I can't figure out which 3 things that I love to see...I just compile it into one - I wanna see the world and God's creations everyday, and thank God that He let me see the wonderous work He has done. =)
The 5 friends that I tagged is:
1. Eugene
2. TwoFiveSix
3. Greg
4. Unczee
5. C.Alv.B
If you read this, but you are not in the tagged list, feel free to spread the news as well. I am sure Yvonne will appreciate that.
Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com
I hope all goes well with you Yvonne. My prayers goes out to you.











4 comments:
Hi Angelbear, it is sad to read of her plight.
Lets hope and pray she'll get her operation soon...
I wonder why the press or the government doesn't help her?
Best regards, Lee.
I just did what i could for Yvonne's,, i believe every drop makes an ocean....
hi Angelbear, i just posted her plight yesterday.. i will do my part in her contribution.. as eugene said, every drop counts.. if each of us bloggers do our little part in contributing, her fees might be met in no time..
Lee: sad right...well..that's how the 'goverment' works nowadays...
eugene: thank you. =)
reanaclaire: yes..hopefully she'll met her target asap... =)
Post a Comment