As a Sabahan, I already got used of certain people asking me if we still live on trees, or the 'Welcome to Malaysia!' greet or 'Is this your first time coming to Malaysia?' question after I checked into a hotel with my MYKAD on my hand each time I landed in the West Malaysia from time to time. I already gotten used of being stared at, being wondered at on how I can speak fluent Malay, converse in English and Chinese with no problem at all.
Well...it's year 2012 and the same thing still happens.
Do I feel offended? Not at all. I am just amused.
Then came several months ago where several narrow minded so called 'university students' who lamenting their 'bad luck' after learnt that they will be sent to the local university here in Sabah to pursue their tertiary education as if they are sent to some god forsaken place that no soul is to live there. *sigh*
That is okay. I would see it that they are young students after all and yeah, we were told that there isn't much 'exposure' to their youngsters there about Sabah and Sarawak...(I wonder why we knew more about their place more than they knew about us, that still remain an unanswered question to me.).
But...what not okay is...when some people started to mock and degrade MY culture, MY tradition and view MY race as low as he/she see in their eyes.
a snippet from a blog that said 'Tarian Sumazau Untuk Golongan Rendah Akhlak'
(Sumazau dance is just for low morale people)
'Rendah akhlak'? Hello.....~!!!!! I don't care if you find it was wrong for you to see any minister dance sumazau, but do you mean that since Sumazau is our traditional dance, then we - the KadazanDusun, Sabahans in general are low morale?

The blog writer also described 'nampak bodoh saja mengepak-ngepak macam burung'
(flapping the hands like the bird hence look like an idiot)
Kalau tidak tau, jangan cakap apa-apa....orang bodoh jak tidak reti seni dan budaya. Bangang!
Do you know that Sumazau is the dance you can find in every Sabahan weddings, events or any celebration regardless of race, religion, skin color?
With the reason that Sumazau is a dance of 'worshiping the spirit of rice' as an excuse, that shows what an IDIOT, MORONIC, IGNORANT you are! Siapa ajar cakap tarian sumazau ni memuja bambarayon (the rice spirit) ni? Time sekolah dulu confirm tak kena ajar, tu pasal la biadap, kurang ajar! Nak minta respect bangsa sendiri, tapi bangsa lain tak nak respect apa kes?!?
Eventually, the above article causing anger to all Sabahans hence that article was deleted - the blog writer gave reason that 'for investigating purpose'.
However, this ignorant f*cker is still insist with his/her stand by writing another new blog post:
'Memang Tarian Sumazau Berbentuk Pemujaan'
(Sumazau Dance is a worship dance)
Seriously, if you have nothing to say, please la don't try to act smart by trying to tell things that is 100% WRONG. If you are NOT A SABAHAN, you DON'T LIVE WITH US, you HAVE NO IDEA what you been barking in your blog, then stop giving this insulting remarks about us and do something else.
I do hope the authorities will do something about this. I don't care which side you are from, but anything that is insulting me, my people, my culture, my motherland - you are not welcomed at all! I wonder if you even deserved to be called a Malaysian because apparently, you are one racist bastard that thinks only for yourself and has no respect towards others.
You guys read this from a very angry Sabahan.













3 comments:
there are too many people trying to act smart nowadays.. they don't think twice or even research before saying or writing... irresponsible too...
*clap hands* I loike this post! Lucky you managed to print screen the deleted entry!
some people are just stupid!
Post a Comment